Website Cambridge Community Church
Cambridge Community Church (CCC)
We are an energetic church in a family friendly neighbourhood in
Cambridge, Ontario looking for a Part-time Youth Pastor. Our church
culture is casual, contemporary and dynamic. The candidate should have
a strong knowledge of the Bible and passion to reach junior and senior
youth for God.
The Youth Pastor will report to the Family Pastor and will work with the
leadership team, other staff and volunteers to fulfill CCC’s vision of
“Transforming lives and communities with the love of Jesus” and CCC ‘s
youth vision to “Belong, Believe and Become.”
Salary begins at $15,000.
Please send your personal faith journey and resume to:
CambridgeCommunityChurch@gmail.com. Applications will be accepted
until noon May 15, 2018.
Youth Pastor Job Description
The CCC Youth Pastor will:
– co-ordinate with the Family Pastor to conduct planning and training for the Youth Transform Volunteer Leader Team and recruit new volunteers as needed. Support and encourage this team.
– plan and co-ordinate the youth Transform mid-week meetings, special events, service/outreach opportunities and annual Snow Camp Recharge trip (or other retreats) in cooperation with the Youth Leader Team and the Family Pastor for our combined Junior and Senior Youth Transform nights.
– connect with the parents/families of CCC youth to ensure communication of programming and to support teen family life.
– use the CCC Youth Purpose and Mission statement to continue and grow the current youth programme through teaching, mentoring, providing service/outreach opportunities and joining the Sunday morning youth team at specific times to make connections with the junior and senior youth that attend Sundays and further build relationships with those that also attend mid-week.
– report to the Family Pastor at mutually agreed upon regular intervals.
– 10% of the time will be directed at connecting with youth outside of Thursdays and Sundays.
– This is a part-time position equaling 2 days per week.
– Be a committed Christ follower.
– Have a personal philosophy of ministry that aligns with CCC’s vision, values, and mission as well as the CCC Youth Purpose and Mission Statement.
– Attend CCC and take out membership here.
– Be able to provide a current and clear police check for the vulnerable sector.
– Complete and sign the CCC Code of Conduct.
– Be a positive spiritual example and exercise prudent and Christ-like judgement in dealing with others (children, youth, adults) both inside and outside of the church.
– some formal Bible training
– musical ability to mentor the Youth Worship Band
– previous youth pastor experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org