Website Hodgson Bible Church
Hodgson Bible Church, member of the Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches, FEBC, is searching for a Senior Pastor (and family) who are amenable to a small rural community church. Hodgson is located in Manitoba’s interlake region, approximately an hour and a half north of Winnipeg.
- Gives spiritual leadership and general oversight to the congregation.
- Personal commitment to Jesus Christ and His church
- Maintains his own spiritual life with Bible study & prayer
- Agrees with FEBC doctrinal Statement
- Bible-based preaching and teaching skills
- Visitation & shepherding ministry
- Leadership or co-ordination of youth ministry
- Community minded individual, willing to be involved in community.
List of Duties; not all-inclusive,
- Preaching: Sunday morning messages, Officiating @ weddings & funerals, Be willing to speak at special church events, Allow for guest speakers as required.
- Teaching: Organize Bible Study or small groups (be willing to lead, train others to lead), Elder training, Lead membership & baptismal classes, premarital counselling, Organize and or teach discipleship classes for new believers.
- Visitation: Visit the people who attend the church and extend hospitality @ his home, together with the elders, set up a visitation program to meet the needs of the church, Be visible in the community, attend as many community functions as possible , Attend the special events of church attendees whenever possible, Visit those who are ill.
- Church Business: Attend all church services, Attend all business meetings & Attend all elder meetings,.Keep a log of all church related activity, and report to the elders as required, Responsible to the elder board .Must be in agreement with the doctrine of the FEBC & Hodgson Bible Church.
- Miscellaneous: The pastor is encouraged to participate in ministry beyond the local church for one week annually (eg. Bible Camp).
Remuneration: Be paid a salary as established by the church membership.
Holidays: Allowed to take statutory holidays but flexibility required when church related duties arise on these days, All holidays are at the discretion of the board of elders
Holidays per years of service:
- 3 weeks for first 9 years of service.
- 4 weeks for 10 or more years of service.
Send applications to Ted Hartog, chair of search committee, to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org