Strahaven Baptist Church
Strathaven Baptist Church, an evangelical church affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec, is located in the heart of the beautiful Queen’s Bush Valley just a few kilometers southeast of Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada. The little brick church has outlived the historical pioneer settlement of Strathaven, testifying to God’s faithfulness and to the deep-rooted faith of the congregation. We are a warm and caring multigenerational community with a vision to “Model the life of Christ to believers and seekers alike, to attract them to become a part of God’s family. We strive, with God’s help, to build significant relationships, to build our faith, and to blend the traditional and contemporary in worship, thereby providing a place for people of all ages and backgrounds to belong.”
Strathaven Baptist Church is seeking a full time permanent pastor who will direct the church’s life and ministry, help bring about the revitalization we seek, and provide leadership for the continued implementation of our church vision. If God is leading you to apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume to Jim Stranks, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Work as a team with the deacon board to guide the spiritual and bodily affairs of the church.
· Organize Sunday morning services and preach on a regular basis.
· Work with elected committees and local ministerial and denominational associations
· Attend to administrative duties as required.
· Minimum 5 years pastoral experience.
· Master of Divinity or Bachelor of Theology from an accredited seminary/college or equivalent.
· A Biblically oriented preacher who can make the Gospel plain, clear, and relevant to all ages.
· A shepherd who is a compassionate, caring and approachable leader to the church and who has a heart for outreach into the community.
· A mature believer who models godliness and Christian commitment.
· An enthusiastic teacher who equips others for service and discipleship.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com